It is with great joy we write this letter, simply because He Lives! The creator of the universe looks at all of us with pleasure and not only God Himself does this, but His son Jesus Christ is our advocate and petitions the Father on our behalf. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope". Lets rejoice in this great promise that we can trust in with confidence.
By Gods grace we have been able to finish some projects;
- The community center is 90% complete and the people in the village love it! Many of the Haitians spend most of the day there choosing to relax on the concrete vs their dirt floors and the kids love it as they play soccer and chase each other.
- We have fenced in one section of the land and have dug out 17 terraces to plant fruit trees and the bottom section will be for crops. The next step is a water tank with drip irrigation (coming soon)
- Just started the construction of a small cistern for rain water collection off the roof of the community center, this should be complete by the end of next week Lord willing (gutters after the cistern).
- The big news is that we have just acquired an elementary school K-6! This school borders our property and the Nun who managed the school can no longer manage the school (80 yrs old). It is a school that was built in 2013 and one building needs to be finished. The school has 5 buildings, a water cistern, 5 outhouses, each classroom has desks, and it is wired for electricity. This places us at a great advantage and propels us forward to provide a christ centered education for up to 180 kids five days a week! There are some immediate needs however: a generator, repair the road so the kids can get to school, solar panels with batteries, a large truck to transport water to the cistern from the well, support, school supplies, books, uniforms, and food. This will help us get started.
- Personal support, we are at $2810 a month, which is 48% of what we need. This is important as none of this happens without us being here with your help.
- A second vehicle. We are looking to buy a used Kia 4x4 work truck for Djefny and I. Amy and the kids will be taking the other vehicle to school each day.
- We need to begin raising funds for housing on the property. We currently rent a house in a larger village that is 8 miles away.
- Papito, a man in upper Bercy, believes he has a "Mystical Curse" on him. Wisdom as we battle against the forces of darkness.
- We will be sharing the Gospel with the local voodoo priest this coming week, pray for spiritual guidance as we share with him true salvation and power through Christ.
- Health and safety. Amy and the kids begin traveling back and forth each day to Port Au Prince (PAP) to go to school.
- And finally pray for the Asso family and Kenlove family (2 families new believers), Jean Claude (new believer), and a family in lower Bercy who rededicated their lives to Christ.
I praise God for all of you and we cannot do any of this without your help, prayer and support. May God bless each of you for His Glory and Honor.